On 11th March 2011, many things around me changed. Let me list them:
– Frequent quakes everyday, say 3-4 times a day
– Air is polluted slighted by radioactive iodine and cesium
– Water is also contaminated by the same substances
– The lack of energy supply from the nuclear plant at Fukushima is causing everyday’s blackout for three hours to manage electricity among whole east Japan area.
– Product shortages in supermarkets such as milk, toilet paper, bottle water, battery, light
– 30% of our foreign coworkers at my company fled Japan to their country.
– Logistic service is working with long delay
– Transportation system around Tokyo area is fine except the blackout time blocks in certain areas
– Many of amusement parks, swimming pools, anything people love to go on weekend are closed due to the electricity shortage
Yes, we are in a critical situation. I am thinking of fleeing the country, but it is difficult for working condition reasons. At least we Tokyo people are not in danger of contamination by the radiation yet, YET.
As a conclusion, let me quote one phrase from a Japan’s representative movie director Takeshi KITANO:
"It is not correct to describe this accident as one tragedy that killed thousands of people. This accident made thousands of tragedies to which thousands of thousands of people commit."
Powered by Qumana